The backbone of the Abbeyfield movement is the volunteer and our house in High River is no different. Abbeyfield House High River runs on volunteer support, and we welcome applications from enthusiastic individuals who would like to become part of our team.
A Big Thank You goes out to some of our volunteers:
Merv Moore and Neil Forbes both do maintenance and minor repairs.
Eileen Malmberg comes in weekly to play Rummy cube with residents.
Yvonne, Josephine’s daughter, for donating a vacuum and for various acts of kindness.
Richard’s family for donating a couple wheel chairs.
Become a Board member or volunteer at Abbeyfield High River which can include:
- Board Member: Director positions available
- Advertising & Marketing: media relations; preparing posters; advertising.
- Maintenance: small maintenance jobs, inside and all around general handyman, paint shed.
- Visiting Residence: playing card games, socializing, gardening.
- Gardening: Donations of plants and trees are welcome as well as a volunteer gardener
Abbeyfield House Society of High River
708 – 2nd Street, SE.
High River, Alberta. T1V 0C6
Alternatively, why not become a member of the Abbeyfield House Society of High River. Lend your talents and have a say in all aspects of this worthwhile cause!